Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tenacious D will Rock My Socks Off

The dynamic duo of screen actor-funny man Jack Black and the amazingly-talented-but-looks-nothing-like-a-rockstar-should Kyle Gass is going to make for one can't miss for me at Bonnaroo this year.

I became a hard core D fan in high school when the first, self-titled CD came out and shortly there after purchased the self-titled TV series on DVD. It was six hilarious shorts featuring many of the songs we know and love today, and I couldn't get enough. For my 18th birthday, my best friend bought us tickets to go see a live show at the Pageant in St. Louis, but I fell ill that day and she ended up having to take her then-boyfriend instead. Boo. Since then, I've been dying to get what's coming to me - Tenacious D live and a damn good time - and it's coming this summer.

So the music isn't lifechanging, and many might argue that the band does not deserve its spot so high on the lineup, but Jack and Kyle are no musical slouches. Kyle's kind of a bad @$$ on guitar and Jack's actually got a great voice. Together, their songs are undoubtedly silly, but musically sound, and this should be one show festivalgoers won't soon forget.

No comments: