Monday, February 9, 2009

My Bonnaroo fitness plan

So I've been wanting to get in shape for awhile, but always found it quite easy to slough off my efforts and go back to lounging and fast food.

The fact of the matter is though, I can't be my unhealthy self on the farm with temps hovering around 100 and a gagillion people crammed into a loud, loud, dirty, smelly (yet heavenly) space. It won't be as heavenly if I am.

So I'm taking this opportunity to try and stick to my fitness initiative. I have just about 17 weeks.

Here's the plan.

I'm trying to make David do a "couch to 5K" running plan with me. It requires going to the gym three days per week, which I think we can handle. It's a 9-week program altogether.

I'll stick to Yoga and Wii fit on the other days, so as not to wear myself out.

I can't start eating 100 percent healthy right away because that would be a diet 180, but I can cut down on fast food and portion sizes. Less soda, more water, etc.

I'll be keeping track of my progress on here. It will be fun and you all can laugh at me if I don't make my goal. Maybe that will give me some more inspiration.

Speaking of inspiration, lots of 'Rooers are doing the same thing as I am. I found a really neat thread on Inforoo where the girls are supporting one another through the whole process.

(I'm onesweetla83 if you want to find me.)

Wish me luck!

No comments: