Monday, June 1, 2009

Bonnaroo is 11 days away...

... and I'm not in the physical shape I wanted to be. :( Down only 3 pounds total from where I was at my high and not feeling good about it. I went to a wedding this past weekend and I have to say, I looked fairly frumpy in a dress I looked great in not a year ago.

My diet and fitness plans over the course of things have been nothing if not extremely erratic.

I tried Livestrong.com for awhile to track my exercise/eating ratio on a daily basis and did great for a few weeks. But then I started trying to eat more at home and it became harder to track accurately. This week I plan to restart that, now that I've been a member long enough to edit my own meals online, but a 2-week push before the actual event isn't going to get me far.

I was not eating meat for a while, but I started introducing it back into my diet with the advent of grilling season and in light of the fact that I ordered chicken for a wedding and didn't want it to go to waste. Not that eating meat is so horrible for you, but I have noticed a trend of excessive overeating when I have meat in my meals. (If I have a hot dog I have two, and some chips, etc.) Now that I have noted that, I need to do my best to avoid it moving forward.

I wasn't feeling well last week and pretty much stopped drinking water altogether, instead substituting it with flavored drinks. Sadly, many of those were soda or sugary others. Trying to hit the water and low calorie drinks hard this week. Hydrating up for the 'Roo. 

Work has been stressful, which adds to the overeating or eating of unhealthy foods. Plus everyone's getting sick here at work so I've been extra neurotic about getting sick before vacation :(. I think if I stick to exercising everyday and eating healthier, plus refilling my allergy meds, I should be OK.

Started attending Zumba classes last week at Metro. Meant to go to Zumba AND yoga but things came up and I didn't make it to yoga. Trying to do to both this week but I work late shifts on Thursday and Friday so I may not even get to make it to my first sand volleyball game of the year. I hope its at least early enough that I can take a break and go... anyway. 


No comments: