Monday, February 8, 2010

One hour and 19 minutes to go until Feb. 9

David and I just got finished watching "Up" (which is very good, and sad, I might add) and we sat down in our office to a message at Bonnaroo.com to watch their MySpace for "a very special unveiling" on Feb. 9.

First thought, "MySpace. Really?!?!" Isn't MySpace on its way out? Why not Facebook or Twitter? Or even some sort of social aggregator on their home page? I guess I understand its MySpace Music capabilities, so I guess I'm just eager to find out how it's all going to go down.

Inforoo is in an uproar, because a lot of people will be at work and have that site blocked on their work computers. Fortunately, I think they'll be able to get the same info somehow at Bonnaroo.com (they must have thought ahead about the blocked work computer thing).

I will be in the office for about an hour or two, then I'll be in a meeting until noon, at which point my half day begins and I can catch the lineup bits at a time and take part in this "virtual event," which I first heard is happening from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (but their MySpace points to noon). That's not to say I won't be up at midnight just in case something leaks, but I won't stay up forever.

Expect updates from this blog. In fact, I'm going to import it into FB notes for the next few months!

No comments: