Saturday, June 19, 2010

Here We Go Again

...I mean Magic.


Beatle Bob was off just a bit. Anyway, the first band we saw this year was The Entrance Band - but I won't even dignify them with a post. Really we only started with them to get a good seat for Here We Go Magic, otherwise I would have seen Fanfarlo instead.

I wasn't sure how the low-fi sound was going to translate live. I wasn't 100 percent satisfied but it was a pretty good show. One of the girls looked like an ex coworker of mine so that was a little distracting.

David and Justin left early to get a good spot for Local Natives, but I stuck around to hear "Fangela" which I am obsessed with at the moment. For one, it's about a vampire. Second, I think the band has a sound similar to Simon and Garfunkel plus a lot of potential.



On a scale of 1 to 5, Ill give their show a 3.5, but their album a 4.

Check them out. I'll add pix tomorrow.

No comments: